"Parham, recognised as one of this country's finest
makers of social documentaries."
Nicole Brady THE AGE
Parham Media has a proud track record in the production of television documentaries, corporate video and education & training programs. Don Parham, the principal of Parham Media, is one of Australia's most established and well regarded documentary film-makers. _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The SMITHY Film - DVD RELEASE!
The much anticipated SMITHY film is here! It will be officially released on DVD
at a launch in Melbourne on Sat 19 November 2016
SMITHY DVD - A COLLECTOR'S ITEM! The feature length SMITHY film is 130 minutes long.
The DVD also contains 150 minutes of Extras (see details below)
SPECIAL: Pre-purchase the DVD until the launch on 19 Nov 2016 at a 25% discount -
* Up to 19 Nov - $24.95 + $5.00 p&h (Aust only) = $29.95
* After 19 Nov - $34.95 + $5.00 p&h (Aust only) = $39.95
PLEASE NOTE -
* DVDs purchased before 19 Nov will be despatched in the week after 19 Nov - in time for Christmas.
* Pre-purchased DVDs can also be collected at the launch on 19 Nov, saving on postage. * Payment can also be made by cheque or bank transfer - contact us * For overseas orders please contact us re freight costs and timeframes
* DVD 'rewards' for people who gave qualifying donations to the crowdfunding campaigns
will also be despatched in the week after the launch.
Watch the film trailer here -
"John Smith’s wild ride from conservative preacher’s kid to radical Australian Christian, God’s Squad founder, social justice campaigner and revolutionary church leader is fascinatingly told in Don Parham’s excellent film. This is an objective warts-and-all view biography, not a self-serving hagiography. It covers the important parts in the story, including the rise of Smithy’s Truth and Liberation church, his bitter split from it a few years later and his battle with cancer. Provocative and challenging, the film doesn’t pull punches. John sometimes made his listeners – and other Christian leaders - uncomfortable. He spoke of authentic blood-and-guts Christianity rather than offering theological soundbites about a sanitised Jesus. This non-conformist inspired and changed the lives of thousands. He made a real difference. SMITHY is an honest and fitting essay on the life of one of Australia’s most influential and interesting Christian communicators."
See the latest news for the SMITHY film on facebook
DVD EXTRAS include -
* Audio recording at TLC of a bible study by John on the Book of Acts, 1973
Audio recording of a talk by John at a high school, 1979
* Audio recording of John speaking at a rally in the Melbourne CBD, 1981
* 3 slideshows of God's Squad and Truth & Liberation Concern
people and events in the 1970's
* A slideshow of old and new photos from a John and Glena family album
* Slideshows are accompanied by music from 'Old School Blues' by Dave Diprose
(CD available from: www.davediprose.com)
* Press Kit, articles, film transcript, credits list in the DVD-ROM section of disc
(accessible via computer)
Only once in our history have Australians stood under opposing flags and faced each other on a field of battle. It was the Eureka Stockade of 1854 on the Ballarat goldfields in the new colony of Victoria. After the battle, thirteen rebel leaders were charged with high treason. If found guilty, they could hang. Their fate would be in the hands of a jury that had to decide whether the Eureka Stockade was a riot or a revolution. ‘Riot or Revolution’ tells the story of this defining moment in our history, examining the causes of the conflict and exploring its legacy for us today. There are very few photographs of Victoria at the time of Eureka. People drew and wrote about their world. This is the window we have chosen to look through to examine the Eureka legend – that is to say, the film is largely constructed around the actual words and pictures that people at the time created in order to record their lives and tell the story of Eureka. As the caption at the start of the film says – “the lines spoken by actors in this film are the documented words of the historical characters”. This is a film grounded in primary source material.
‘The Choice’ is a film about the experience, not politics, of abortion. It gets behind the often over politicised debate to the real human stories. Five women and one man share their most intimate thoughts about what it was like to be suddenly confronted with an unplanned pregnancy. Their stories reveal the varied and complex circumstances in which people struggle to work through their options and make, what for most, is a difficult choice. Some of the people who share their stories are: